FotoVisura is an international self-publishing community and resource for art and documentary photography.
For Photographers & Editors
In addition to an international self-publishing community & resource for art & documentary photography, the fotovisura.com project is also a library and search engine for editors, curators, collectors and lovers of art and photography. See who has been discovered on FotoVisura recently.
This platform consists of an annual membership for photographers that offers:
- 1) A Profile that photographers can use to self-publish their work in ‘albums’ consisting of images, video and text. Much like a personal website with the added benefit of being connected to a large collective public archive which editors are using as a resource. FotoVisura also offers an integrated Portfolio Site template which mirrors your profile with a clean layout and a custom URL.
- 2) An online Public Archive & Search Index, where work can rise to public attention.
- 3) A photography grant open to members that exposes work to a board of contributing editors.
- 4) Educational initiatives to connect photographers with contributing editors on an individual basis, e.g. photo-editing workshops, seminars and an art residency for students, alumni and emerging photojournalists at the Visura Lodge in Stowe, Vemont.
- 5) Curated online and physical exhibitions.
- 6) Local Motion, an outlet that is free of cost for photography institutions and annual FV-members to promote news about exhibitions, events, competitions, grants, publications, artist talks, that streams to our home page, public archive, and newsletter.
FotoVisura facilitates self publishing by broadcasting each user’s work to his or her network of contacts, as well as displaying it in the public archive; members can also submit their work to online curated galleries such as Visura Magazine’s Your View and Visura Spotlight; as well as The FotoVisura Grant.